There are multiple ways to add an investment fund transaction to your account, either individually or via bulk import. Note that these instructions are for investors to record a transaction in a fund in which they invest, not for one they manage on Seraf's Enterprise Portal. Add as much information as you’d like, knowing that the more detail you add, the easier it will be to manage your investments in the future. You can always go back to edit or add additional information at any time. Keep in mind that in order to add an investment fund transaction, you must first add the investment fund your transaction relates to.
To add an individual transaction related to an investment fund:
- Go to Portfolio Management and select the tab for Transactions.
- Select the orange button on the right to “Add Transaction”.
- Select the Account the transaction is associated with.
- Select Company / Fund from the dropdown list.
- Select the Transaction Type from the dropdown list. Based on your selection of Transaction Type, a series of additional relevant fields will appear.
- Enter the Date the transaction occurred or best estimate.
- Enter as many of the fields as you wish.
- Enter a Memo with any important notes related to the Transaction.
- Save your entry.
Note that you can also use the orange “Add New…” button on the left side menu bar from any page in your account to quickly add context-sensitive entries.
To add multiple transactions via Import:
- Go to Portfolio Management and select the tab for Import.
- Follow the steps for the spreadsheet template.
Learn more about importing multiple investments.
You can find a list of all your transactions in Portfolio Management by selecting the Transactions tab. Once you enter transactions for your funds, you will be able to see your investments and their data appear in other parts of your account. Be sure to look for tabs at the top of pages to access additional information.
Learn how to edit a transaction.