Seraf enables you to create your own custom contact role / title for individuals associated with your portfolio companies. Not only can you record CEO, Founder, CTO, Board Member, and many others from the drop-down list, but you can also create your own entry.
There are two ways to add a custom contact role to your Seraf account, via Direct Input or via Import.
To add a new contact role via Direct Input:
- Go to Portfolio Management and select the tab for Companies.
- Create a new company by selecting the button for “Add Company” or edit an existing company record by selecting the pencil icon in the appropriate row.
- In the section for Management, select the button for “Add Contact” or find an existing contact.
- In the line for Contact Role select “Other”.
- Type in your entry.
- Save your record by scrolling to the end of the company page and selecting “Save” or add another contact by selecting the button for “Add Another Contact”.
To add a custom contact role via Import:
- Go to the Import tab in Portfolio Management.
- Follow the steps for the spreadsheet template.