To add a new document, follow these steps:
- Go to Documents & Reports and click the Upload New Document button.
- Enter the Name of your document, for example Acme Investor Report - Q1 2017, Acme Series A Deal Docs, or Acme Share Certificate 59. Keep in mind that more descriptive titles make it easier to find documents in the future.
- Enter the Date the document was issued.
- Select the Company / Fund to which it relates.
- Select the Round to which it relates, if relevant.
- Specify the Year and Quarter to which the file refers.
- Click the Choose File button to select the file on your computer you would like to add.
- Choose a Document Type or select "Other" to enter your own. Note that the type of document you choose will affect where the document is displayed (see below).
- Add any notes in the Memo box.
- Select the appropriate Document Visibility setting.
- Click the Save button.
Note that you can also use the orange “Add…” button on the left side menu bar from any page in your account to quickly add context-sensitive documents.
Once your documents are uploaded to Seraf you can access them from multiple places:
- Dashboard - Recent Reports - Each file categorized as an Investor Report or Financial Statement and dated within the last 3 months is featured on the Dashboard in the Recent Company Reports section.
- Company / Fund Pages - Any document relating to a particular company or fund can be found under the Documents tab of that entity’s page (found by clicking on a company or fund name).
- Documents & Reports - Every single document you add to Seraf is stored in Documents & Reports under one of several tabs: Investment Documents, Other Documents, Imports.
Note that Enterprise Accounts and those of their members have Documents and Reports split apart as two separate menu items.