To add a new document or file to your Seraf account, follow these steps:
- Use the “Add New” button on the left side menu bar from any page in your account and select Document from the dropdown list.
- Enter the Name of your document, for example Newco Investor Report - Q1 2021, Newco Series A Deal Docs, or Newco Share Certificate 59. Keep in mind that more descriptive titles make it easier to find documents in the future.
- Enter the Date the document was issued.
- Select the Company / Fund to which it relates.
- Select the Round to which it relates, if relevant.
- Specify the Year and Quarter to which the file refers.
- Click the Choose File button to select the file on your computer you would like to add.
- Choose a Document Type or select "Other" to enter your own. Note that the type of document you choose will affect where the document is displayed (see below).
- Add any notes in the Memo box.
- Select the appropriate Document Visibility setting.
- Click the Save button.
Once your documents are uploaded to Seraf you can access them from multiple places:
- Dashboard - Recent Reports - Each file categorized as an Investor Report or Financial Statement and dated within the last 3 months is highlighted in the count on the Dashboard in the Recent Company Reports section.
- Company / Fund Pages - Any document relating to a particular company or fund can be found under the Documents tab of that entity’s page (found by clicking on a company or fund name).
- Documents or Documents & Reports - Every single document you add to Seraf is stored in the Documents section (or Documents & Reports section for individual investors) under one of several tabs.
Note that if you have a lot of files to upload, you may want to consider uploading a zip file, since you'll otherwise need to upload them each individually.
Learn more about what Seraf offers for document storage and record-keeping.