There are multiple ways to add a round to your account, either individually or via import. Add as much information as you’d like, knowing that the more detail you add, the easier it will be to manage your investments in the future. You can always go back to edit or add additional information at any time. Keep in mind that for each round in which you invest, you will also need to add a transaction indicating what type of investment you made and the amount.
To add a round via Direct Input:
- Use the “Add New…” button on the left side menu bar from any page in your account to quickly add a new round of investment. Or, go to Portfolio Management and select the tab for Rounds and then select the orange button on the right to “Add Round”.
- Enter the Name of Round.
- Select the Company from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Closing Date or best estimate.
- Select the Security Type from the drop-down list. Based on your selection of security type, a series of additional relevant fields will appear.
- Enter as many of the fields as you wish.
- Enter a Memo with any important notes related to the Round.
- Save your entry or, if you wish to add an investment, select Save and Add Transaction.
To add a round or multiple rounds via Import:
- Go to Portfolio Management and select the tab for Import.
- Follow the steps for the spreadsheet template.
Learn more about importing multiple investments.
Depending on which Security Type you select, the round detail could include entry fields for stock price, the size of the entire round, note maturity date, interest rate, and other specifics related to that particular round of financing.
Tip: Seraf provides checklists that outline what information you need in order to add rounds and transactions, and where to find that information in your investor documents.
You can find a list of all your rounds in Portfolio Management by selecting the Rounds tab. After you enter their associated transactions, you will be able to see your companies and their data appear in other parts of your account.