In addition to adding documents to Seraf through the Documents & Reports section, you can also forward them directly to your account from your email inbox. To use this time-saving feature, follow the instructions below:
- Set up a unique Seraf email address especially for this purpose by going to Account Management. Copy this Seraf-generated email address, which may be quite lengthy, to your email contacts for easy reference.
- Forward any investment related documents you receive, such as investor updates, deal documents, financials, etc. from your email inbox to your Seraf email address. It does not matter if the content appears in the body of the email or as an attachment (or both), since Seraf will save each piece separately.
- Go to your Dashboard and look under Emailed/Unfiled Documents to see all of the emails you have forwarded and which are waiting to be filed.
To file your emailed documents, follow these step by step instructions:
- From your Dashboard, click on the Emailed/Unfiled Documents header to be brought to the section of Documents & Reports where you can file your documents. You will notice that any given email may have multiple parts, depending on the number of attachments.
- Click on the file name in the Document column to see the contents. If something is not relevant, you can delete it by clicking on the "X" in the Actions column on the far right. However, any content that you want to add to Seraf can be filed by clicking on the pencil icon in the Actions column.
- Modify the Name of your document, to something like Acme Investor Report Q1 2017, Acme Series A Deal Docs, or Acme Share Certificate 59. Keep in mind that more descriptive titles make it easier to find documents in the future.
- Enter the Date the document was issued. Depending on when you forwarded the document, you may need to edit the date field to correctly reflect when the document was issued.
- Select the Company / Fund to which it relates, if relevant.
- Select the Round to which it relates, if relevant.
- Specify the Year and Quarter to which the file refers.
- Choose a Document Type or select "Other" to enter your own. Although "Email" is the default, we suggest you select something more descriptive, like Investor Report or Financials. Note that the type of document you choose will affect where the document is displayed (see below).
- Add or modify any notes in the Memo box.
- Select the appropriate Document Visibility setting.
- Click the File button.
- Dashboard - Recent Reports - Each file categorized as an Investor Report or Financial Statement and dated within the last 3 months is featured on the Dashboard in the Recent Reports section.
- Company / Fund Pages - Any document relating to a particular company or fund can be found under the Documents tab of that entity’s page (found by clicking on a company or fund name).
- Documents & Reports - Every single document you add to Seraf is stored in Documents & Reports under one of several tabs: Investment Documents, Other Documents, Imports.