Seraf has a quick exit tool for recording write-offs found on the Investment page of each company profile. Follow these instructions to use it:
- Open the company record for the company you'd like to exit. (To do so, click on the company name from Current Investments or anywhere else in your account.)
- Go to the Investment tab within the company profile. The Investment page displays your holdings by round.
- Click the Actions button on the top right.
- Select "Exit this Investment" from the drop-down options.
- Enter the Exit Proceeds for each round in which you have invested. In the case of a write-off, enter $0 for each round.
- Enter the Exit Date or best estimate.
- Enter a Memo with any important notes related to the exit.
- Click Review.
- Review for accuracy and, if alright, click "Exit the Investment".
Seraf will automatically create the "exit transactions" for you. Once exited, the company should appear in the Exits & Returns section of your portfolio.
Note that you can also access the quick exit tool from Portfolio Management. Just click the exit icon in the column for Edit/Exit.
Enterprise accounts will need to Update Calculations in order to see the updated records after an exit.