When importing files, accuracy is critical. If there are errors, you will receive a notification noting what needs attention in your template. Following are some common reasons why your import may not work properly.
- Company name not recognized - Be sure company name matches exactly what's already entered in your account when adding rounds and / or transactions.
- Round name not recognized - Be sure round name matches exactly what's already entered in your account when adding transactions.
- Round type not recognized - Be sure round type matches an exact entry from the list of available options.
- Transaction type not recognized - Be sure transaction type matches an exact entry from the list of available options.
- Missing fields - Enter relevant data according to the instructions for each column. Note that for Amount, Share Price and Shares, you only need to enter 2 of the 3 columns and the system will automatically calculate the third column.
- Transaction ID - Be sure to have a unique entry for each Transaction ID or your transactions will be overwritten by other transactions with the same ID.
- Investment Account Name not recognized - Be sure to enter account name exactly as it appears in your account.
Be sure to follow the instructions closely and pay close attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of your entries. Add new rows, as needed, above the gray line, and note that you may only import 150 rows of data per sheet at one time. If you have more entries, then split the data into multiple sheets and try importing them separately.
Read these tips to help with Imports.