Seraf enables Enterprise account holders to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each company in their portfolio. Each time you add a company or edit a company record, you can add the Key Performance Indicators that you’d like to track for that particular company. Once added, you can enter the values for each indicator to monitor performance over time.
To add the KPI fields that you’d like to monitor:
- Add a company or edit a company record.
- Go to the section for Key Performance Indicators at the bottom of the page.
- Click the button to Add Key Performance Indicator.
- Select the Indicator from the drop down list of Employees, Expenses, Net Income, Revenue or add your own custom indicator by selecting New Category. Note that each custom indicator created will be added to your potential list of indicators, available to use across all companies in your portfolio.
- Select the Indicator Format (Currency, Number, Percentage, Text) relevant to the selected indicator (i.e. Currency for Revenue, Number for Employees).
- Save your record.
To add values / data points for the KPIs:
- Open a company page by clicking the name of the company from anywhere in your account.
- Go to the Updates tab at the top of the page.
- Select the orange button to Add KPIs and Update.
- Enter the Date of Update.
- Enter the Name of Update, such as 2018 Q3.
- Add Values to the KPIs you selected to track.
- Add a text-based Update, if you’d like. Use the formatting tools, as needed.
- Click Save.
Note that KPIs are automatically added to Update reports.