If you would like to track investment fees such as accounting, legal or software costs, you can record them as transactions in Seraf where they will become part of your Transaction Register and factored into IRR calculations.
To enter investment fees, follow these steps:
- Use the Add New... button on the left sidebar to add a transaction. Alternatively, go to the Transactions tab of Portfolio Management and click on the "Add Transaction" button located in the upper right corner.
- Select the fund to which the fees apply, if you have multiple funds.
- Go straight to the Transaction Type drop-down menu and select "Investment Fees". (Skip the fields for Company/Fund and Round of Investment.)
- Enter the Date of the investment fees.
- Enter the Fee (amount).
- Enter a Memo with any important notes related to the fee.
- Save your entry.
All investment fees can be viewed in your Transaction Register and exported for additional analysis or to share with accountants.