After you have sent emails to your Seraf-generated email address, you can file them by name, company / fund, and document type for easier retrieval in the future.
To file your emailed documents:
- Go to your Dashboard and click on the Emailed/Unfiled Documents header or go directly to the Unfiled Docs tab in Documents & Reports. You will notice that any given email may have multiple parts, depending on the number of attachments.
- Click on the file name in the Document column to see the contents. If something is not relevant, you can delete it by clicking on the "X" in the Actions column on the far right. However, any content that you want to add to Seraf can be filed by clicking on the pencil icon in the Actions column.
- Modify the Name of your document, to something like Acme Investor Report Q1 2017, Acme Series A Deal Docs, or Acme Share Certificate 59. Keep in mind that more descriptive titles make it easier to find documents in the future.
- Enter the Date the document was issued. Depending on when you forwarded the document, you may need to edit the date field to correctly reflect when the document was issued.
- Select the Company / Fund to which it relates, if relevant.
- Select the Round to which it relates, if relevant.
- Specify the Year and Quarter to which the file refers.
- Choose a Document Type or select "Other" to enter your own. Although "Email" is the default, we suggest you select something more descriptive, like Investor Report or Financials.
- Add or modify any notes in the Memo box.
- Select the appropriate Document Visibility setting.
- Click the File button.
- Dashboard - Recent Reports - Each file categorized as an Investor Report or Financial Statement and dated within the last 3 months is featured on the Dashboard in the Recent Reports section.
- Company / Fund Pages - Any document relating to a particular company or fund can be found under the Documents tab of that entity’s page (found by clicking on a company or fund name).
- Documents & Reports - Every single document you add to Seraf is stored in Documents & Reports under the All Docs tab.
Note that Enterprise Accounts and those of their members have Documents and Reports split apart as two separate menu items.
Note that if an Enterprise Account has assigned administrative access to any of its users, the administrative users will not be able to see any emailed/unfiled documents until they are filed by the primary account holder and the proper document visibility setting set.