Once you've added portfolio-wide and/or company-specific KPIs to track in your Enterprise account, you can then add the associated data points. You can add data directly, as explained below, or you can Request Updates directly from your portfolio companies.
To add values / data points for KPIs:
- Open a company page by clicking the name of the company from anywhere in your account.
- Go to the Updates & KPIs tab at the top of the page (or just skip directly to the next step).
- Use the Add New button on the left sidebar and select Company Update/KPIs from the list of options. Note that in order to add a Company Update / KPIs, you must first go to the company page, so the system understands to which company to add the update.
- Enter the Date of Update.
- Enter the Name of Update, such as 2021 Q1.
- Add Actual Value and Target Value to the KPIs you selected to track. Portfolio-wide KPIs will be listed first, followed by company-specific KPIs, if any.
- Add a text-based Update, if you’d like. Use the formatting tools, as needed.
- Click Save.
KPIs and their values are automatically added to Update reports.
Note that KPIs and Updates are only available to Enterprise accounts and their members.