To record a write off of an investment fund in Seraf, follow these instructions:
- Add a transaction for a Distribution of Cash.
- Select the Account the transaction is associated with, using the drop-down list, when relevant. If Enterprise, select the investor for whom the transaction is, and select an investment account, when relevant.
- Select the Fund from the drop-down list.
- Select Distribution of Cash as the Transaction Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Date of the write off.
- Enter 0.0 for the Amount Distributed.
- Check the Exit Transaction box.
- Enter a Memo with any important notes.
- Save your entry.
Once completed, the fund should appear in the Exits & Returns section of your portfolio under the tab for Fund Distributions.
Enterprise accounts will need to Update Calculations in order to see the updated records after an exit.