Deal Flow account holders can set up a custom application form to share with prospect companies. There is a default form with common standard questions, and users can modify the form to suit their specific criteria. Once completed, users can share the link to the application with prospects, who can complete the form and submit an entry for review.
To set up your application form:
- Go to Deal Flow/Settings.
- Click the link to Create a custom application form. Note that you can have multiple applications, if relevant. To add additional forms later, click the Actions button on the top right.
- Name your application, for your own reference.
- If you’re a fund customer, select which fund(s) the application pertains to.
- Enter an Expiration Date if the form is time-sensitive.
- Upload your Logo to display at the top of your application form (optional).
- Provide a Form title to display on the top of your application form.
- Provide Form instructions for the applicant to read prior to completing the application. We recommend providing a specific point of contact at your organization in case questions arise.
- Save your entries.
To customize your application form:
To customize your application form questions, confirmation message and email notifications, go to Deal Flow/Settings and click the name of your application form, if it’s not already open.
- Customize your application form by editing, reordering, deleting, or adding fields (Questions).
- Edit the section headers and fields within, as well as reorder them to suit your specific application process. You may also make each item required and, with the exception of the Prospect Name field, hide any item.
- Add custom fields for entry. We suggest grouping fields under a section to help organize your information visually.
- Click the "Edit" link beside any entry to re-label or make other customizations. Depending on the type of question, you may be able to add help text, set the minimum and maximum length of text fields, and further customize the appearance of questions.
- Note that individual questions may be "mapped" to fields in your Deal Flow Process and the Company record, if you decide to invest. These entries, such as industry, contact, and address, will be copied automatically to the corresponding fields.
- Customize the confirmation text an applicant will receive upon submitting the form. We recommend thanking them and sharing information about next steps and timing.
Email Notifications tab:
- Add email addresses for those recipients who should receive notification when a submission of the form has been made. Further customize as needed.
Note: Application forms can be edited any time, but deleting them will result in deleting all submissions as well. If you no longer wish to use an application, you can archive it to preserve the submissions in your pipeline.